- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups unsweetened dried coconut (medium or fine)
Makes 12 macaroons
Preheat oven to 325˚ F
- Separate the egg placing the whites together in a metal bowl. Add ¾ cup of Splenda to the egg whites and whip over warm water until you get stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolk with remaining ¼ cup of Splenda and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the flour and coconut together until well blended and add it to the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold egg whites into the coconut mixture until all of it is moist.
- Using 2 tablespoons or your hands, form small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway to brown evenly.
- Let the macaroons cool on racks so it stays crispy and then enjoy!